She had her second Pulmonary Function Test during this hospital stay with great results (I think) - Thursday when she did them, she was at (FEV1) 60% before Albuterol puffs and 68% afterwards. Today, she was 74% before and 81% after! According to data they pulled for us, she has not been above 80% since January 2005. We did have them explain exactly what she is seeing on the computer as she does the test and what it means, I think maybe that helped quite a bit - so I wonder how effectively she's been doing this test for the past several years.
They've added more Prevacid since she's at her max dosage of enzymes and started her on the Hypertonic Saline.
Right now, this is her schedule (treatment/meds) minus all the eating -
- Ultrase MT18 - 4 w/ Meals, 3 w/ Snacks
- Morning Meds - Prevacid, ADEK, Claritin, Flonase & Singulair
- 6AM - Nafcillin IV
- 8AM - Treatment - 4 puffs Albuterol, Vest (Pulmozyme, Hypertonic Saline during Vest), Flovent, and TOBI (1 hour total time)
- 12PM - Treatment - 4 puffs Albuterol and Vest (30 minutes)
- 12PM - Nafcillin IV
- 3PM - PT on roof
- 4PM - Treatment - 4 puffs Albuterol and Vest (30 minutes)
- 6PM - Nafcillin IV
- Evening Meds - Prevacid
- 8PM - Treatment - 4 puffs Albuterol, Vest (Hypertonic Saline during Vest), Flovent and TOBI (1 hour total time)
- 12AM - Nafcillin IV

6 comments:
Wonderful PFT news...way to go Mackenzie!!! Keep up the hard work. I am proud of you! Your schedule is quite impressive - you're one busy girl. We loved seeing the picture of you with the bird on your head...weren't you worried he might have an accident on your head? Yikes! You keep doing good and tell Mom & Dad Howdy.
Love, Kendra
Great job Mac!!! I wish I could get up to those numbers! Now I got something to shoot for!
Ronnie
Great work, girl! Keep up the good work!
Love, The Myanes
PS- We sent one yesterday, too. It was anonymous, sorry!
Sounds like things are progressing wonderfully!! :) Your hospital has a lot of nice activities and amneties!
I was wondering why she isn't having manual chest pt though?? I know that a lot of older cf'ers that go into the hospital swear by the manual chest pt...really helps move things.
Hope she continues to improve!!
Jada
AWESOME JOB MACKENZIE! That PFT increase is amazing!
Wow-what a schedule! She's such a trooper. Great news about the 81%!
Post a Comment