As I posted earlier, we are here for the two week duration...
PFTs weren't what we wanted (possibly due to the
Hypertonic Saline which has
been discontinued) so we are here until Monday. Monday morning they will repeat the
PFTs and we'll head home afterwards. There was no change in her weight today (Katey - she is 4' 9", I'm only 4' 11.5" so fingers crossed she surpasses me!).
We pass under this everyday to go around the corner and head up in the elevators - "Fear not illness...this place of care, love and hope is for you." What a wonderful thing for patients and families at
ACH to read. Even better, a wonderful thing to experience.

This is Dr. Blaine, he is our alarm clock:

Here she is waiting to take her
PFT today:

Tomorrow the weather is going to be beautiful so we are planning to ask for a pass - especially without getting to go on the roof during the weekends - and go back to the park.
5 comments:
Don't worry about the PFT, that happens. They're also not an exact science. They could be better as we speak, sometimes there are many other factors besides actual lung health that can mess with the numbers.
Thinking of you guys!
Ronnie
She looks like such a lady sitting there in the chair!
I hope her PFT's improve, altho they tend to spin all over the place, I know! When I think mine will be up, they are down, then I think they'll be down and they're up!!! What gives? Anyway, hope you get your pass and enjoy your weekend!
She is such a beautiful girl! I hope she gets to go home SOON!!
PS. saw your tweet on the side...I love the container store too!!
Sorry you have to stay until Monday...but I know it's for the better! Like the other two...pft's can go all over the place, and several times when I would go in the hospital, my PFT #'s would be lower at the end, than what they were in the middle of the stay.
Thanks for the height info! I'm only 4'11!!! Hopefully she will surpass both of us =) The reason I asked was because height and weight play a big role in what your PFT's are;
Hope you had a good day today...the weather was so beautiful and hot here!!
I do not like the fact that anyone on this planet has to suffer from CF, but I think it must be comforting to have so many friends that have CF and can offer encouragement about these PFT's. I've learned a lot from your friends over the last couple of weeks! Thanks to all of you guys and girls!
The Jobes friend,
Kendra
Post a Comment