A nurse just asked if we had permission to both stay with Mackenzie. She's going to check for us now so she doesn't have to ask one of us to leave at midnight. Huh? "Since this is a Children's Hospital." Huh? This is our 9th night to stay - two shifts per 24 hours with a nurse, charge nurse, several RTs, PTs, Dr. Blaine (who wakes ALL of us up every morning between 6:40am and 7am), Pulmonologists, Social Worker, Dietition, Child Life, STAT team members, room service, shall I go on or is my point made - point being this is the first person/time it's been brought up? If we were doing something wrong would none of those other people have said something? I pointed out this is our 9th night and we both stayed the entire two weeks last time with her as well but she's still checking with the charge nurse for us just to be sure. "This is a Children's Hospital". Huh?
Because I can't let things go...there is also the person that helps get blankets, sheets, and towels for all of us...
I just don't like to feel like we've done something wrong - when we haven't - nine days into this hospital stay. AND can you imagine if one of us had to leave at this point?
UPDATE! WHEW! (sarcasm) Just heard back, she checked with the charge nurse and it's okay.
1 month ago

5 comments:
Boy, the nerve! I am glad to hear that it isn't a problem...which was so obvious by the fact that you have stayed for NINE nights already! WHEW!
There's alway one in every bunch...she was just trying to flex her "power" muscle on you. Glad that she was set straight...would hate to think that some other little kid had to be without a parent because of her! So glad that BOTH of you are there with Kenz...she is so lucky to have you both as parents!
Some people (like Emily) are all about the rules...that's insane. Did you say, "And yes, children need their parentsssssss!" I totally get your extreme frustration.
Looks like Peyton is being treated to every fun kid place in NWA! And Eddie looks so sweet - I know you miss him. At least he has Peyton. He has had a couple of pretty big storms to deal with. Glad Mackenzie had some visitors & got to take them to the roof-that's a real treat! She's really looking good. We are counting the days until she's home!! I need some birthday ideas. You probably already told me, but it didn't get written down so it's out of my head.
Love,
Kendra
I think her saying that this is a Children's Hospital is her way of implying that you and Jason are having too much fun staying together sleeping on your separate chairs. Then never had issues with Rich and I staying there. The Hospital handbook says 2 visitors may stay in a single room, and 1 in a double room. But I am glad she cleared that up for you. We are thinking of you daily.
Well, thank goodness she checked for you... (I wish the sarcasm would convey here...)
Post a Comment