Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day Three

How do days go by fast and slow at the same time?

Mackenzie gained two pounds - woo hoo - great news - if she can gain about 6 more she'll be in the "green zone". Hopefully we'll have the bronchoscopy results tomorrow.

Thank you for all your comments and e-mails, we read every single one!

Can I please get a "Care Hub" at home? I'm pretty sure Mackenzie could use this little screen (photo below) to guide the next shuttle landing. We love it. It's a remote for the television (including the ability to record shows), movie player (with about 40 movies we can watch at any time) and the Internet. She can also click to watch what's going on in the parking lot and various places around the hospital campus from the cameras, play games and order games for the Xbox. She can also use it to chat with other patients (we haven't done that yet) and probably a hundred other things that we haven't figured out yet.
There was a hospital wide Bingo game today. For the kids that can't go down to the room to play, they televise it and if you get a Bingo you call a number. It was fun. Mackenzie got her bingo and called - we could hear them talking to her on television and they announced her name and all the kids in the room cheered. Later a volunteer brought her a prize.
We also did a lot of crafting today. A LOT. Sand art is the latest fashion craze for a IV pole near you.I've always said that there are positive things to come out of Mackenzie having CF and I have to add another thing to my list - the amazing support of the CF community. I've had so many CF patients and parents keeping up with Mackenzie, giving us tips and being wonderful examples to us. I appreciate it.
Peyton went to stay with a friend today and I miss her. I know she's missing us too but I know she's having fun. Jason and I will both get to stay in the room overnight with Mackenzie and I know she loves it when we both can be here with her.

I will update again tomorrow!

10 comments:

Katey said...

WOW! They really spoil them when they are in the hospital. That "screen" is an awesome idea...especially if they can chat with other patients!

They have BINGO at UAB and they give the transplant patients bingo cards...i love playing...it's sort of silly, but entertaining, and we play from our rooms by watching a tv broadcast and then call in too if we win!!

Praying for good bronch results and for her weight to continue to go up!!! Have a good night!

Laurie said...

Mackenzie-
You look so cute!

Kendra said...

Mackenzie-Wow...that Caring Hub is too cool. Wouldn't it be great if we all had those at our bedside & in our kitchens & in our living rooms? Awesome. So proud of your 2 pound weight gain!! Keep it going up, up, up! We've had you in our thoughts just about ALL the time. We miss you terribly! We are praying that the doctors find just the right meds that your body needs to get you all fixed up so you can get back home! We love you and miss you. Tell your mom thanks for giving us these updates and we miss and love her too (and Peyton & your Dad as well!). We love seeing your smiles.

Love, Kendra, Em, & Ash

Kendra said...

Christy...I finally left a comment!!! Of course I'm on my brother's computer. My computer is dead. Laptop is on the way! I can't wait to bring it to your house for some lessons. Miss you!

Love, Kendra

Anonymous said...

We are praying for a speedy recovery and reading this BLOG daily to follow your progress. We are so happy about the weight gain. Before you know it, you'll be back in Bentonville having fun with your friends.

Todd, Tammy & Drake

Heidi said...

That hospital is AWESOME! I am so glad that she at least has a cool hospital to say, instead of the boring type!

Keep us posted!

xoxoxo

The Rickard 5 said...

You guys are in my prayers.
Cool place to stay...kinda like summer camp!

bankrgrl said...

You have an AMAZING hospital! I can't imagine having access to so many fun things to do while in "jail." I always have my computer with me but UAB doesn't have much else to offer. Although I've never played (Katey has).

Hope that Mackenzie is on the fast track to getting better and going home!

She She said...

Mackenzie looks so beautiful! We are glad she is where she needs to be to get well! Looks like you are staying busy!!!Love you!!!

The Traxsons said...

That screen is so cool!