They’re admitting Mackenzie to Arkansas Children's Hospital to aggressively treat with IV antibiotics whatever is going on (we'll know more w/ culture results). We plan to enjoy the holiday weekend (including LOTS of swimming since she won't be able to for a while) before taking her down on Monday.
With not feeling well the past few weeks she has not had an appetite and it showed - She dropped to the 15th percentile and we'll be trying to get 3500 calories a day in (the child LOVES food with hardly any calories/fat - WHY?).
She’s in good spirits knowing that the IV antibiotic is something she needs to make her feel better. Thanks to everyone for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers! I’ll keep you updated.
1 month ago

7 comments:
I hope they do the trick, with minimal side effects.
I'll definitely keep her in my prayers!! I hope she puts the weight back on quickly. We know the weight battle all to well. I hope everything goes well and she is feeling better quickly.
Hang in there little chickey! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully this "tune-up" won't be too long!
Tell my girl that I love her and we are praying!!!! I just hate she has to go through this!!!
I'm sorry that they are admitting her. At least you have the rest of the week and weekend to prepare and enjoy the holiday!
I'll be praying that she feels much better and that she is able to gain some weight (I know that is tough...i was the worst at gaining weight and eating). Do you know how long they will keep her? Does she go in for tune-ups frequently?
Hopes she feels better soon! We'll be thinging of you guys.
I am glad to hear this update. I will be praying for sweet Mackenzie.
Post a Comment