As soon as I posted the doctor came in so in addition the the post below, they are putting her on Flovent and increasing her albuterol puffs to 4 (from 2). Repeating PFT on Monday. Keep the letters coming! She got her first batch today!
Heidi - she is on Pulmozyme, thank you for all the information!
1 month ago

7 comments:
I am trying to remember other tactis to get that junk up. I'll have to ask my mom too. She might remember something.
Is she doing the albuterol inhaler in between albuterol treatments?? I still do 4 puffs sometimes when I am wheezy.
So you'll be there until Monday at least? I wrote a letter and then totally spaced and didn't get it in the mail! I'm horrible!
Hang in there Mackenzie!
Hey! Can you send me the address to mail stuff! Phoenix and I would like to get something in the mail!
phoenixsfight@yahoo.com
Hey Jobes,
We are thinking about you. Let us know if you need anything.
-Laine, Leighton and Rich
Hope you feel better soon, MacKenzie!
Christy - hoping and praying God's best for all of you!
Thanks so much for all the updates! We are thinking about you and wondering what's going on each day, so they are appreciated!
Sounds like those crafts are keeping you busy!
Has your daughter ever tried "huffing" after and during the vest? Or these techniques recommended by the CFF:
Active Cycle of Breathing Technique (ACBT) involves a set of breathing techniques. It can be changed to meet each person’s needs. It gets air behind mucus, lowers airway spasm and clears mucus. It includes:
Breathing control – normal, gentle breathing with the lower chest while relaxing the upper chest and shoulders.
Thoracic expansion exercises – deep breaths in. Some use a three-second breath-hold to get more air behind the mucus. This may be done with chest clapping or vibrating, followed by breathing control.
Forced expiration technique – huffs of varied lengths with breathing control.
back to top
Autogenic Drainage (AD) means “self-drainage.” It uses varied airflows to move mucus. It aims to reach very high
airflows in different lung parts. This moves mucus from small to large airways. AD has three parts:
Dislodging mucus
Collecting mucus
Clearing mucus
The person inhales to different levels and then adjusts how they breathe out to heighten airflow and move mucus. At first, AD takes hard work and practice. It is best for people over 8 years old.
I've given them a try and they work pretty well! Just make sure you don't do it after a meal :)
Ronnie
Post a Comment