I wish I could keep up with all the different doctors and who exactly they are - Residents, Fellows, etc. (if they would wear a name tag with a picture of their television doctor counterpart that would help - "oh, so he's a George" - ha! )
I definitely remember the Pulmonologist. My heart was down in my stomach after she came in...they want to do a bronchoscopy tomorrow to really try to find out what is going on. She feels that the progression of the lung disease as shown on the x-rays is greater than what it should be based on her age and the bugs she has always cultured. So, please keep her in your prayers that the procedure (including the anesthesia) goes well and that they find what they need to get this under control to slow down the progression of the damage to her lungs.
We'll be waiting to see what grows after the bronch so we are for sure here until Friday. Due to the nature of CF, Mackenzie is confined to her room and mail time is a highlight of her day, so if you have a chance to drop her a letter she would love it. The address is:
Arkansas Children's Hospital
Attn: Mackenzie Jobe, 4B-08
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, AR 72202
We had a few visitors today. Laine, her dance teacher, is here with her son Leighton and Ginger and Jessica happened to both be in town (from Alma and NYC).
I can't access Facebook or Twitter from the hospital so this will be the best way for me to update, hopefully I'll do it again tomorrow.
A few pictures...
Waiting in Admissions:

8 comments:
Love you all, & praying that it all goes well & a quick recovery! I am so proud of my brave girl! Hugs!
Praying for you guys! One of my good friends husband is a resident with the pulmonology team there right now! His name is Matt Bell. I don't know him, but friends with his wife Sarah...here is her blog, see if you have met hhim:)
http://mattandsarahbell.blogspot.com/
I will be praying for you all and the doctors. Mackenzie is such a fantastic girl with such a wonderful attitude! I know you are so proud. And what a sweet little sister she has taking such good care of Warren!
You guys are in our thoughts and prayers during this time. Mackenzie is such an amazing little girl! Much Love, The Coble’s
Lovin you Kenz..You are so brave and we are so proud of you. Rest and let the medication work....we will see you soon.
Glad things seem to be going well. I hope the test go well today and they can find out what is going on. She is such a beautiful girl! Keeping you all in my prayers!!
A bronch?!? Wow. I didn't have to have one of those until after transplant. But, the doc sounds like she (he?) is being very proactive and that is what you need. The cultures from a bronch are much more reliable than a regular sputum culture. I hope they find out what bug is causing this and form a plan to treat it!
Hang in there Kenz! I will be praying for you and that the bronch goes smoothly.
xoxoxo
Keeping Mackenzie and your family in my prayers!!!
Post a Comment