Saturday, December 12, 2009

ACH Performance

The girls and their dance teams got to perform at Arkansas Children's Hospital yesterday. Both girls were excited but Mackenzie was practically beaming all day knowing that she was going to get to perform at a place that has been so good to her.
I braved the big Dilly Dally's 50% off sale so I could get some things to take down to their toy drive (thanks Sara H. for sending toys with us too!).

You all know from this past summer how much I love these words that you walk under upon entering ACH. Normally when we have Mackenzie there we are rushing in and out and I've never snapped her picture with them.
All of the girls did a great job performing. There weren't many patients in the lobby but they were filming them dance and broadcasting it to the clinics and the patient rooms.
These were the girls I had for most of the trip down and back. They were a delight - they all have older sisters and I enjoyed the conversations I overheard ("real men don't sparkle" was one thing I overheard during a discussion about Twilight. I'm pretty certain none of these girls have seen or read it). They were troopers on the way home when what should have taken 20 minutes - to go from ACH to Conway for dinner - turned into a 2 hour and 45 minute trip. Our ETA home that should have been 10pm turned into 1am, but it was still fun!

No comments: