Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice Day

Horrible ice today! This is what it looked like on the blades of grass and trees this morning - and it only got worse.
At one point today, I heard kids playing outside and went to look out the windows to see what crazy neighbor kids were out playing. Those crazy kids were MINE! They spent a while out there playing in the ice. Sledding (pulling each other around) and eating "Popsicles".
After they played outside for a while, they came in and we lost power! It was off for a few hours - we got a couple of games of Monopoly Junior in and started getting all the candles ready and the power came back on. So now we're showered and fed and Mackenzie is doing her treatment in case it goes out again. We are lucky to have it now as a lot of our friends are still without and have been for a long time. No school again tomorrow.


5 comments:

Laurie said...

I love the popsicles. Funny!

Anonymous said...

No school here either. Snow and ice now. I am sure you will have branches down at the new house...ugh!

The Smithson Family said...

If we had snow and ice like that here in Georgia, we would be out of school for several weeks! We miss school when there is a rumor of snow! As a teacher, I enjoy those "snow" days.
DeAnn

Lindsay said...

I took too many pics today! Sorry to hear you lost power~everyone I know did--except us!

coble said...

You’re a brave women to get out that close to the ice to take these pictures. I took mine from the window because I hate the cold. I might have to steal one of yours for my records. You guys stay warm!!!