Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fellow CF Family Bloggers

Yesterday when I sat down to watch Thursday night's Private Practice and realized the storyline on the previews I'd been seeing all week portrayed a family where the dad and both children had cystic fibrosis I went to do a search on the internet to see what (if any) feedback it had received. I still haven't watched the show BUT that search led me to this huge world of CF family blogs - CF parents, patients, husbands, wives... So tonight, I'm up way past my bedtime checking them all out and leaving them messages (I hope they don't mind, it's late and I can't think so I'm copying and pasting the same message in each).

Also, I spent this week working on an article for Peekaboo magazine on Mackenzie and CF. If I get my courage up I'll post it (as long as everyone promises to remember I'm by no means a professional writer). It will run in conjunction with info on the Wine Opener fundraiser for the CFF - link to get tickets to your right!

Better post this now so I can get back to pouring through all of these new blogs - amazing people!

19 comments:

Christy said...

Hey Christy! Thanks for checking out my blog. I just added you to my blog list. It's so exciting meeting new CF families!! Your blog is awesome.

Christy said...

I have a blog award for your on my blog. :)

Katey said...

Hey Christy!! Thanks for finding and checking out my blog! Follow all you want! I love finding new blogs too...and if I can ever be of any help, please let me know! I noticed you have 3 different blogs :) I'm guessing this would be the one you post more about CF on? I'm going to add you to my blogroll, if that's ok?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for finding our blog! Phoenix and I would love for your to join Phoenix's Fight. If you ever need anything there are amazing people in this cyber world blog area, just let us know.
I've added you to my blog roll!
Have a great weekend!
Angela

Jen said...

They did the same thing on General Hospital: Nightshift with the B.Cepacia. It was such a ridiculous over the top exaggeration of "real" life with CF. I couldn't stand to watch yet I couldn't look away!! :)

Cara said...

Hey Christy! Thanks for finding me! I'm going to srart following your blog too. :)

Kori said...

Hi Christy,
Many thanks for stopping by. I will be checking in on you as well.

Heidi said...

Hi Christy! Now I have 2 blog Christy's!

You may absolutely follow my blog, and i will start following yours too!! There is an amazing world of CF'ers and Cf relatives out there. Welcome!

Somer Love said...

Yay!!! I absolutely don't mind ya following My Blog I am going to add you to my blog list! I want to know more about your wine event sounds like a blast my family did that once but we have some crazy liquor laws here in Utah so we never repeated it. I am thinking about doing a Beer tasting event or something not sure but I am thinkin of a fundraiser for around St. pattys day. I have a website check it out www.lovetobreathe.com we just had our 10 annual Taste of salt Lake and raised over 250,000 the best year ever! Do you have a silent auction at the wine event? Let me know if you need a painting! Have a great day!

Somer Love said...

Looks like Christy beat me to it but I also gave you an award!!

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

Looks like I'm a little late, but I also gave you a blog award:) Well now you have 3:) I guess it is our way of welcoming you to our little CF blogging community=)

Check it out at
acure4lilchris.blogspot.com

Look forward to getting to know you,
M

Lindsay said...

Wow-I'm so excited for all the response you've gotten! And what I great idea-writing a story for Peekaboo! (can't believe I didn't think of it) I look forward to reading it!

Lindsay said...

Oh-and cute new blog title!!

Natalia Ritchie said...

I love your blog!! Had some fun reading all about you and your family. I am 29 and have CF. My husband and I are expecting a baby via surrogate!!

Keep up the good work, I love to follow.

The Traxsons said...

I love your blog header :) Also, wow...I can't believe all the feedback you've gotten! That's so cool!

I watched Private Practice and wondered the whole time if you were watching and what you would think about it.

B, E and C's Mommy said...

Christy,
What a fantastic family you have! I have had a blast "getting to know you" through your blog. I am so grateful to you for your generous donation to Team Chunky Monkey. What a blessing you are!!! I look forward to keeping in contact and I have added you to my blog list.
Blessings,
Angie

Anonymous said...

HI! I am so glad you found my blog. I would be happy for you to follow it and I will follow yours as well. It is so helpful to share with others that "get it" when is comes to life with cf. Look forward to getting to know you and your family!

The Smithson Family said...

Thank you for finding our blog. I feel like I know you just from reading your blog. I will continue to check yours for posts and I have added you to my list! Check out my blog again because I awarded you with the "One Lovely Blog Award"!

Alicia said...

So glad that show led you to stumble upon so many CF families. That's awesome!