So, here is my New (School) Year's Resolution: Every Sunday I will bag up a weeks worth of food for lunches. We did this tonight for the next few days (no, we won't win any sustainability awards but we'll turn off extra lights and recycle and reuse as much as we can in other ways - the convenience will keep me sane). We've done this in the past but never consistently.
I had to take a picture in case it doesn't happen again! Ha. Look at all those colors (that's good, right?). Their lunches for tomorrow are already packed and then they'll replenish their bags afterschool for the next day from these containers. Fruit dip, veggie dip, grapes, cheese, chicken, tomatoes, crackers for Peyton, Doritos for Mackenzie, and Oreos. Juice added in the mornings.
In the past they ate at school quite a bit but we've been told the lunch line for Mackenzie is pretty long and with it being so important for her to eat, she's going to take hers and eat then if she wants to go through the line towards the end and get even more food she can. If you pack one it's easy to pack another so Peyton will take hers this week too.
I'm going to go get a little laundry done and then go to bed (where I'm sure I won't be able to sleep either). I'll post 1st day of school pictures tomorrow.

4 comments:
I love your organization! I am sure you will be able to keep it up! My dad always says...21 days to create a habit! LOL! Hope they girls have a great first day!
That seems like a really good idea! I hope both girls are having a great day!
What a great idea. Can you come and do that for me on Sundays as well? Haha
wow, i can't even seem to get sam's lunch put together 2 days a week. i'm so impressed! of course, i'm not the least bit surprised though ;)
Post a Comment