Thursday, June 5, 2008

"Mom, it's not a snapping turtle it's a scratching turtle!"

I think I found a way to get Peyton out of bed in the mornings, arrange to have various critters in the front yard every a.m. It is so hard to get Peyton up in the mornings. Mackenzie will set her alarm for 5:40, shower, dress, treatment and about 7am I am doing that thing with Peyton - begging her to get out of bed, taking off all the covers, etc. This morning when Jason left for work about 6:30 he told her there was a turtle in the front yard and she hops right out of bed, picks up the turtle (gets scratched a little bit), poses for a photo op, and then gets ready for school - she was there right when the doors opened.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss them! Ben's words exactly when we were looking at the blog and seeing the turtle.

Anonymous said...

You should tell her Eddie is outside!!!She might think Eddie is more exciting than the turtle.

Christy said...

To Mackenzie - she doesn't seem to think Eddie is that exciting when he is barking to go outside so I doubt it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with mom.I would sleep in all day if I could,and plus the turtle is more exciting.

Christy said...

To Peyton - poor Eddie, I'm sure he is so sad to hear that!

The Traxsons said...

You guys are cracking me up!

Anonymous said...

To Peyton-Then wouldn't you stay up all night(mom your daughter is turning into a bat)

Anonymous said...

by the way I was trying to publish the comment at 4:45 p.m. again (as shown where Ileft the first comment)but I was so close, it ended up being 4:46 p.m. :( :0 :):~)

Lindsay said...

Hilarious comments! I wish Mason would comment on my blog :)